The makers of Pregnacare, the UK’s leading pregnancy supplement, have developed Pregnacare Conception to provide advanced nutritional support when trying for a baby.
Pregnacare Conception nutritional tablets are specifically designed to support the nutritional requirements of women who are trying to conceive.
Expert care while trying for a baby
Now you have decided to try for a baby, you want to prepare your body and ensure a healthy diet and lifestyle to maximise your chances of conception. This special Pregnacare Conception formula has been developed on the basis of worldwide studies showing that certain nutrients can play an important role in helping to build nutritional stores ready for pregnancy and support good reproductive health.
Pregnacare Conception provides a carefully balanced comprehensive formulation of micronutrients for the maintenance of reproductive health in women, including the specific nutrients inositol, l-arginine, n-acetyl cysteine and selenium. The formula also includes vitamin B12 and folic acid at 400mcg, the exact recommended level to help safeguard the early stages of foetal development.
Ideal for all women to help build nutritional stores for before conception, the formula includes key nutritional elements:
- Folic Acid
– Pregnacare Conception provides 400mcg folic acid, the exact level recommended by the UK Department of Health for all women who are trying to conceive. As well as the healthy development of the foetal neural tube, folic acid may also play a role in conception, and is required in the first days and weeks of life, before you are even aware that you are pregnant.
- Antioxidant minerals with natural vitamin E
– Important co-factors in antioxidant enzymes, to help protect genetic material from free radical damage. Vitamin E is an essential nutrient, important for helping maintain healthy skin, nerves, heart and circulation, muscles and red blood cells. Pregnacare Conception contains a low recommended dietary intake of 20mg. This is present in the natural form which is better absorbed by the mother and transported to the foetus than synthetic vitamin E.
– Inositol may help support ovarian function and influence fertility. It is involved in the cell signalling pathway which influences fertilisation and cell growth.
– Well known as a precursor in nitric oxide (NO) metabolism, L-arginine can influence release of the egg from the ovaries (follicular release) as well as healthy follicular blood flow and implantation.
- N-acetyl cysteine
– A precursor of glutathione, an important antioxidant in the body. N-acetyl cysteine is also important for healthy cervical secretions.
- Vitamin B12
– Part of the B complex group of vitamins, it has been found that B12 supplementation can help to maintain healthy ovarian function and reproductive health.
Pregnacare Conception does not contain gelatin, gluten, artificial colours, preservatives, salt or yeast. Suitable for vegetarians.
Take one tablet per day with your main meal.
L-Arginine 100mg; Inositol 50mg; N-Acetyl Cysteine 50mg; Betacarotene 3mg; Vitamin D (600 I.U.) 15 mcg; Vitamin E 30 mg; Vitamin C 90 mg; Vitamin B1 8 mg; Vitamin B2 5 mg; Niacin 20 mg; Vitamin B6 10 mg; Folic Acid 400 mcg; Vitamin B12 20 mcg; Biotin 150mcg; Pantothenic Acid 6mg; Iron 14 mg; Selenium 50 mcg; Magnesium 60 mg; Zinc 15 mg; Iodine 140 mcg; Copper 1 mg.