Rosa Mosqueta rosehip oil is valued for its healing and regenerative properties, and has been the best kept beauty secret of South American women for centuries.
This lightweight oil is the most effective plant oil for skin repair and restoration. It is rich in antioxidants which protect cells from oxidative damage, and nutrients including Omegas 3, 6 & 9, vitamins A, C, and beta-carotene. The unique composition of omega oils in Rosa Mosqueta make it a valuable source of essential fatty acids (EFAs).
EFAs are involved in promoting cell regeneration at the basal layer of the epidermis. Rosa Mosqueta oil has also found to contain trans-retinoic Acid - a natural form of Vitamin A. This naturally ompound is part of the explanation for Rio Rosa Mosqueta’s effectiveness as a treatment for scarring and uneven pigmentation.
- Reduce the visibility of scars
- Fade stretch marks
- Smooth away fine lines and crow’s feet
- Reduce the signs of ageing
- Treat sun damage and dry skin
- Keep your skin supple, soft & hydrated
As a beauty oil: Massage 1 or 2 drops of oil onto clean skin using the fingertips, 2-3 times per day. Massage in circular movements until the oil is completely absorbed. This gentle massage encourages blood flow and ensures that the oil is absorbed into the deeper layers of the skin.
Results are normally apparent after 1 month of continuous use.
For the treatment of scar tissue: To reduce post operative scarring, Rio Rosa Mosqueta oil is best used once stitches or have been removed. The oil is also ideal for reducing old scars (such as acne scars, or those from chicken pox or shingles) and for reducing the appearance of age spots and other blemishes.
Apply 1 or 2 drops to the affected area 2-3 times per day for maximum scar-reduction or to improve the texture of old scar tissue. Expect gradual improvement – but best results are achieved after approximately 6 months of continuous use.
For children and babies: Rio Rosa Mosqueta is 100% natural and is ideal for use on most children’s skin. However – it is always advisable to do a ‘test patch’ when using new skin care products on children. Simply apply a single drop to the back of the hand or elbow and leave for 24hrs to ensure that there is no allergic reaction.
Caution before use:
- Do not use the oil on active acne or open eczema
- Do not use the oil on an unhealed or open wound
- Rosa Mosqueta is not suitable for use on very oily skin
- Like most oils, Rio Rosa Mosqueta can leave stains on clothing and fabrics - take care to allow the oil to be fully absorbed before dressing where appropriate
- For very sensitive skin types we always recommend you perform a patch test before application