Zinc is an essential trace element, present in all tissues.
- It is needed for growth and human development and tissue healing
- It is essential for a healthy immune system
- It helps to balance blood sugars through insulin
- It helps to maintain healthy liver function, digestion and proper metabolism of carbohydrates
- It helps to maintain a healthy nervous system
- It is needed for healthy reproductive organs, prostate gland and healthy semen.
Why might you choose to take extra Zinc/Copper?
- Soil deficiencies may have reduced zinc levels available in vegetables, and some zinc is removed in food processing
- Too much fibre in the diet inhibits zinc absorption, as it binds with and removes zinc
- If you are consuming large amounts of tea, coffee and/or alcohol, zinc will be excreted from the body
- Long-term use of diuretics, the contraceptive pill and IUDs may deplete your body of zinc
- If you are a ‘sporty type’, excessive sweating can cause a loss of up to 3mg / day.
Nature's Own Zinc & Copper 50 Vegan Tablets are free from gluten, corn, wheat, soya and dairy. They do not contain any GM ingredients. Suitable for vegetarians.
Mineral enhanced yeast providing zinc and copper; sodium carboxymethylcellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearic acid, vegetable magnesium stearate, vegetable protein (zein).