Vitamin E occurs naturally in cereals, vegetable oils, raw seeds, nuts and soya beans, and it is the most powerful antioxidant vitamin in the body. Vitamin E occurs in nature as tocopherols and tocotrienols. There are 4 tocopherols and 4 tocotrienols, called alpha, beta, gamma and delta, of their respective classification. Most supplements on the market contain only d-alpha tocopherol, one small isolated portion of the vitamin E complex.
Vitamin E is fat-soluble and stored in the body fat.
- It helps to maintain the health of blood vessels, especially arterial muscle tone
- It helps to maintain skin elasticity
- It helps to reduce tissue injury from ischaemia (i.e. lack of oxygen)
- It supports your body's immune system – it is a very powerful antioxidant
- It helps to promote a healthy reproductive system
- It aids in the assimilation of vitamin A
Why might you choose to take extra Vitamin E?
- To promote healing
- If you lead a busy and hectic lifestyle
- To help support your immune system
- It may be helpful in promoting vascular health
Nature's Own Vitamin E 150iu Food Supplement Vegan Tablets are free from gluten, corn, wheat, soya and dairy. They do not contain any GM ingredients. Suitable for vegetarians & vegans.
Vitamin E combined in vegetable oil, Dicalcium phosphate, Stearic acid*, Silicon dioxide, Magnesium stearate*, Vegetable protein (zein). (*using vegetable source stearic acid.)