Professional Strength Acne Treatment Gel.
Medik8 betaGel is designed for use on individual blemishes or larger problem areas. A fusion of spot-fighting actives include salicylic acid for its exfoliating ability; sloughing away dead surface skin and penetrating deep inside the pores. Soothing niacinamide boasts powerful anti-inflammatory properties to reduce the unwanted and sometimes painful redness associated with acne and spot breakouts. Azelaic acid possesses an effective decongesting function, also working in conjunction with niacinamide to soothe irritation.
- Powerful anti-acne action. Can be used day and night.
- Suitable for application underneath make-up post-cleansing.
- Once dry, will not affect your usual skincare and make-up regime.
- Contains azelaic and salicylic acids to act as exfoliants, removing dead skin cells to unclog pores and improve skin’s texture and tone for a smoother, more refined appearance.
- Calms redness fast. Anti-inflammatory properties help to heal existing breakouts and prevent future blemishes from forming.
- Reduces the discomfort often experienced when spots are inflamed and sore.
- Salicylic acid cleanses deep inside the pore, clearing out excess sebum and dead skin cells to decrease the chance of bacterial infection.
- Rosemary oil is included for its botanical antioxidant quality, fighting free-radical damage.
- Unlike typical anti-acne treatments which induce dryness, niacinamide retains essential moisture, keeping the targeted area hydrated and supple.
The Medik8 ethos of results without irritation is ever present in betaGel. Salicylic acid sloughs away dead surface skin, preventing congestion and clearing any debris in the form of excess sebum and grease. Known for its exfoliating action, salicylic acid is comparable to AHAs buts lacks the associated irritation, having a keratolytic activity which helps to open blocked sebaceous glands. Azelaic acid is also a powerful anti-inflammatory ensuring the skin is soothed after deep-cleansing.
Niacinamide supports both of these functions, aiding with exfoliation and lowering the rate of sebum production while still displaying an anti-inflammatory purpose. Niacinamide retains essential moisture, preventing the common problem of peeling and flaking with spot treatments. It also reduces the hyperpigmentation frequently experienced post-blemish, decreasing the quantity of melanin dispersed throughout the epidermis. This ensures the skin returns to normal quickly, with minimal evidence of a breakout.
Unfortunately due to shipping restrictions, we are unable to send this product to customers outside of the EEA.
In the morning and/or evening after cleansing, dispense an adequate amount of Medik8 betaGel onto a clean finger (one drop should cover one blemish). Gently apply Medik8 betaGel onto the blemish, rubbing in carefully to maximise penetration. Alternatively it can be applied to the entire face for a complete spot-fighting treatment, which can cause some localised stinging. Wait a few minutes for betaGel to dry before applying a Medik8 antioxidant serum and follow with a Medik8 hydrator.
Ethoxydiglycol, Niacinamide, Azelaic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil, Limonene, Linalool.