PDT Intensification Serum for Blue and Red Light. Professional Strength.
Medik8 Light Amplifier is a lightweight serum containing levulinic acid and bergamot, selected for their ability to heighten the skin's sensitivity to applied light, for the treatment of a broad range of skin concerns. Medik8 Light Amplifier used in conjunction with photodynamic therapy (PDT) produces greatly enhanced results compared to the light alone.
Proven to be effective in the management of acne, Medik8 Light Amplifier generates an excess of oxygen which works to destroy bacteria; reducing the frequency and severity of outbreaks. The specially chosen ingredients are also attracted to damaged cells and are activated when exposed to specific wavelengths of light, yielding excellent results for the improvement of photodamaged skin.
- When applied prior to PDT, Medik8 Light Amplifier inactivates the bacteria within the sebaceous glands.
- Long-term, sebum excretion is significantly lowered.
- Non-comedogenic formula.
- Inflammation is decreased, reducing the redness and irritation commonly experienced with acne.
- The risk of acne-induced scarring is minimised.
- Light Amplifier is absorbed into damaged cells before exposure to the PDT. When collected in the cells Light Amplifier becomes photosensitive, exposure to the light then leads to destruction of these cells while leaving healthy skin cells intact.
- A penetration enhancer is utilised to deliver active ingredients directly into the sebaceous gland, ensuring the depth and penetration is even and the treatment is as targeted or uniform as required.
Medik8 Light Amplifier will increase skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. While it is essential to apply a broad spectrum SPF product, this will not protect against photosensitivity reactions caused by visible light. Therefore a hat, sunglasses and protective clothing MUST be worn and any exposure to sunlight and even indoor bright lights deemed as a risk to inducing unwanted side effects, for a period of 48 hours. These side effects include; severe blistering burn in treated areas, extreme redness, pain, discomfort and the possibility of hyperpigmentation.
You must NOT have a natural tan when using Light Amplifier, please allow 3-4 weeks post UV exposure. You cannot use Light Amplifier if you have used self tanners (fake tan or gradual tan moisturisers) 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs, rinse immediately with water.
Unfortunately due to shipping restrictions, we are unable to send this product to customers outside of the EEA.
Medik8 Light Amplifier has been formulated for direct application to the face, neck, décolleté and back.
Only use Medik8 Light Amplifier 2-3 times per week. Not designed for daily use.
In the evening, after cleansing and prior to exposure to the PDT lamp, apply up to 10 drops directly to the skin and blend evenly across the required treatment area. Avoid eyebrows, hairline and areas of facial hair in men.
Alternatively, place a drop onto your finger and massage into the skin, repeating until the desired skin area is covered. Carefully wash your hands after application. Please see product leaflet for full directions.
Aqua, Levulinic Acid, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Phenoxyethanol, Polyolprepolymer-2, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Fruit Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Linalool, Citral.