Light therapy for mild-moderate acne.
Light therapy is an exciting new way of treating acne and offers sufferers an alternative to prescription drugs and creams. Not only can these have unpleasant side-effects, with prolonged use they often become less effective at controlling the condition. Light therapy - particularly light at blue and red wavelengths - can help acne sufferers achieve healthier skin in two different ways: by killing the bacteria and also soothing inflammation.
Lumie Clear is a new safe way to treat acne and combines both blue and red LEDs to help you get the best results.
- Developed with leading dermatologists, Lumie Clear is a new treatment for mild-moderate acne and offers an alternative to creams and prescriptions.
- Lumie Clear uses blue and red LEDs; these emit blue light to kill the bacteria that cause acne and red light to soothe inflammation and heal the skin.
- In clinical trials, this kind of combined blue/red light therapy made a real difference within four weeks and, after 12 weeks, skin was 76% less inflamed and 56% clearer.
- You can use it to treat any area affected by acne: either hold Lumie Clear next to your skin for 15 minutes intensive treatment or use it on the adjustable stand for a longer session on a wider area.
- The timer will help you stick to recommended treatment times - full details are in the Operating Instructions.
- Goggles are supplied though you'll only need them if the light will be shining in your eyes e.g. if you use Lumie Clear at a distance to treat your face.
- Like all Lumie products, Lumie Clear is certified to the Medical Device directive. - Safe to use during pregnancy.
- Covered by a 2-year warranty.
- Blue LEDs to kill bacteria
- Red LEDs to reduce inflammation
- Detachable head for close-up treatment of specific areas
- Adjustable stand for hands-free treatment
- Folds into base for compact storage
- 15 minutes daily when used close-up
- H10 x W15 x D20cm
- 2-year warranty
When can I expect to see results with Lumie Clear?
Everybody's different but, when used as recommended, you may see a difference within 4 weeks. Keep using Lumie Clear on each affected area and you should see excellent results in around 8 to 12 weeks.
Do I need to use it every day?
Lumie Clear works best if you use it every day. Continued use is recommended as part of your normal skin care routine.
How long does it take?
It all depends whether you use Lumie Clear close to your skin or further away. For best results, use up close, holding it right next to affected areas. Used like this, the recommended treatment time is 15 minutes a day. Remember to clean with an anti-bacterial wipe after each use.
If you prefer to use Lumie Clear further away - with it angled on the base unit so you can treat your shoulders, for example - then you will need to use it for an hour or so every day. You could split this into a number of short sessions if it's more convenient for you; the effects of light therapy are cumulative, so you'll still benefit.
For Lumie Clear to be effective, you must follow the distance/recommended treatment times as stated in the instruction booklet.
Is Lumie Clear a one spot treatment?
No. The minimum treatment area is about 60 x 35mm and applies when Lumie Clear is close to the affected skin. If you hold it further away, the treatment area increases as the light spreads.
When do I need to use the goggles?
Blue LEDs can be hazardous if you stare at them for a long time so Lumie recommend that you use the goggles provided during treatment sessions where the light could shine in your eyes.
Will the treatment hurt?
No. Unlike lasers or other ablative treatments, Lumie Clear is non-thermal, non-ablative, non-invasive and will not hurt.
Is Lumie Clear light therapy treatment safe?
Yes. Light therapy has been used successfully in spas and dermatology clinics all over the world. Lumie Clear follows published research and is a safe and effective means to combat acne without burning or drying out your skin.There is no risk of tanning from Lumie Clear, in fact the levels of UV (ultraviolet) light emitted are considerably lower than the limits imposed by international guidelines. It is also safe to use during pregnancy.
Can I use my normal creams, cleansers etc?
Yes. Lumie Clear can be used alone or with other skin care treatments though it is intended to be a natural treatment and a replacement for creams and medications. As your acne improves with Lumie Clear, other acne treatments could be gradually reduced or stopped. This should be under the direction of your doctor if they have been prescribed.
People taking medication such as roaccutane should consult their GP or dermatologist before using Lumie Clear. Other medication, such as isotretinoin and topical retinoids, can cause the skin to react with light. If you are taking medication that might have this type of side effect (referred to as photosensitivity), please consult your doctor before using Lumie Clear
Will Lumie Clear work on any part of my body?
Yes, it can be applied to any part of the body affected by acne.
Does Lumie Clear work for any skin type?
Yes. LED light therapy is proven to work on all skin types.