A simple and effective lightbox that’s ideal for use at home.
Sunlight is a natural moodbooster, influencing body chemistry (e.g. melatonin and serotonin levels) and making us feel awake and positive. If you’re indoors, a bright light session is the next best thing and is proven to put you in a better mood, boost alertness and help you to feel more awake, so it’s a great way of improving your work environment. It can also be an effective treatment for SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and the winter blues.
The lack of sun often brings on the ‘winter blues’, an urge to hibernate with symptoms such as having no energy, wanting to sleep more and socialise less. The symptoms of SAD are similar to those of ‘winter blues’ (e.g. tiredness, lack of energy, overeating, low moods and social withdrawal) but SAD is much more severe, often seriously affecting people’s performance at work, their home life and relationships. Lumie Arabica SAD Light helps to combat the symptoms of SAD.
- Ideal for treatment while watching TV or using the computer.
- Independently verified to deliver the industry standard 10,000 lux at 25cm.
- Recommended treatment time: 30-60 minutes.
- Comes with two 24W daylight spectrum bulbs.
- Integral handle
- 10,000 lux output at 25cm for effective SAD therapy
- Typically 30-60 minutes use
- 2 x 24W daylight spectrum bulbs
- 38 x 22 x 17cm
- Class IIa Medical Device