The Website Designer will report to the Creative Manager and work closely within the Marketing team. This role requires an eye for cutting edge design across a wide range of beauty products and related design requirements on our digital e-commerce platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Creative Manager and Marketing team to assess, conceptualise and interpret visual specifications
- Maintain usability and brand standards consistently across all applications including excellent UI, UX, browser and access compatibility issues
- Using industry best practice to create accessible and cross browser compatible mark-up, HTML & CSS
- Contribute to a wide range of projects focusing on delivering the best user experience (UX) and design in the beauty sector
- Under the guidance of the Creative Manager work on banners, newsletters and other web design related tasks
- Design offline marketing material as and when required e.g. brochures, business cards, flyers etc
Skills / Qualifications:
- An exceptional digital design background and an impressive portfolio
- Experience in conceptual web design and scoping websites in a commercial environment
- A strong comprehension and respect for brand identity
- An excellent knowledge of web accessibility and usability principles
- Ideally an understanding of designing for mobile devices as well as desktops
- Ability to evolve ideas provided from different resources
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Adobe Photoshop / Fireworks knowledge
- Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS and Wordpress Adobe
- PHP & SQL knowledge would be advantageous
- A passion for technical innovation with the ability to break through jargon and explain new developments to colleagues
feelunique.com is the largest online retailer of premium beauty products in Europe and one of the fastest growing e-tailers in the world. After just 7 years of trading, the company's success is unrivalled within the beauty industry. In addition to the fantastic range of products and brands online, feelunique.com also has a hair & beauty salon and 2 beauty stores. Launched in 2005, feelunique.com was founded to meet the increasing requirements of beauty customers to research, review, compare and buy the leading beauty and health products from the comfort of their own home.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in writing by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Back to Current Vacancies