The Operations Support Manager will be responsible for supporting the Operations Director with planning, cross departmental projects, reporting, administration and Facilities (including Health and Safety).
Working alongside other managers within Operations this role will co-ordinate and facilitate all support functions to allow the teams within Buying, Customer Services and Distribution to focus on their key deliverables:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop KPI and service level reporting, working with department managers to assist in identifying variances to budget and opportunities for performance improvement
- Develop an administration function to remove non-core activities from the operational teams and handle these through an Operations support team, including but not limited to local carrier management, product returns, sample management and packaging stock management
- Directly manage the operations support team and a process improvement manager
- Understand and review the existing warehouse, customer service and buying related processes through collaboration with Managers and Supervisors (using lean processes) in order to agree process improvements and implement best practice in all areas ensuring a culture of continuous improvement
- Plan staffing levels with Customer Service and Distribution managers and ensure they are in line with forecasted spend, helping flex resource against actual volumes achieved through the management of rotas and staff planning spreadsheets
- Support operations management with day to day issues including staffing levels, performance management, recruitment and disciplinaries liaising with the HR team where appropriate
- Provide training, coaching and support to Operations personnel as and when required
- Develop the Operations support team to be a cost neutral or a cost saving function
- Directly manage and be responsible for facilities and health and safety across all of the feelunique premises, including managing outsourced resource and in-house driver/handy man
- Management, supervision and coordination of Contractors ensuring work is completed satisfactorily at all times for ad-hoc and regular work including, but not limited to cleaning and vending
- Procurement and contract management in relation to facilities ensuring best practice, best service and best price are achieved at all times through successful investigation and cost comparison for goods and services to achieve maximum value for money
- Health & Safety ensuring effective and up to date processes and procedures, inductions, training and risk assessments at all times in line with legislation and best practice and reporting as appropriate - ensuring other managers understand their responsibilities
- Planning and arranging best allocation and utilisation of space in order to provide effective working environments, including timely arrangement of workspace and equipment for new employees
- Provision of planned, preventative and reactive maintenance in relation to buildings and equipment
- Proactive management of facilities day to day to ensure that improvements are continuous and subsequently drive forward and implement agreed actions
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
- Act as a cover manager in other operations teams as required, especially distribution and customer services
- Ad hoc tasks and projects as determined by the Operations Director, COO or CEO
Skills / Qualifications:
- Proven people management and team leadership skills within a fast paced and changing environment
- An exceptional analytical mind and the ability to implement data driven decisions, whilst working under pressure
- Self-motivated, hands-on, proactive and professional with a comprehension of internal and external customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a strong work ethic
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Ideally facilities experience and knowledge of Health & Safety
- Strong MS Office skills, including the ability to produce operational reports
feelunique.com is the largest online retailer of premium beauty products in Europe and one of the fastest growing e-tailers in the world. After just 7 years of trading, the company's success is unrivalled within the beauty industry. In addition to the fantastic range of products and brands online, feelunique.com also has a hair & beauty salon and 2 beauty stores. Launched in 2005, feelunique.com was founded to meet the increasing requirements of beauty customers to research, review, compare and buy the leading beauty and health products from the comfort of their own home.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in writing by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Back to Current Vacancies