Whether your style is more Festival Chic than Festival Geek, or you prefer a lost weekend of mud, tents and music to de-camping to the local 5 star hotel for cocktails and a hot bath (and I am definitely the latter), there are still those essentials that make life a little sweeter when knee-deep in mud or contemplating the queue for the portaloo.
So here is my kit of festival necessities. From the essential cleansing wipes to a super-glam mascara, it’s all you need…
- Caudalie Elixir spritz this herbal-scented spray over dry, tired skin to leave it looking and feeling brighter and fresher – it’s one of Victoria Beckham’s favourites.
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara this best-selling mascara gives full-on fluttery lashes.
- L’Occitane Lavender Organic Hand Purifying Gel trust me, this is non-negotiable; not only for the obvious, but also to give that welcome whiff of fresh lavender.
- Daniel Sandler Watercolour Crème Rouge Blusher a great all-in-one for cheeks and lips, dab it on for that fresh faced rosy glow.
- Ole Henriksen Truth to Go (pack of 10 wipes) citrus scented and packed with skin protecting green tea and vitamin C, these leave skin clean, refreshed and hydrated.
Use this little mini miracle lash serum for a couple of months and you will see the difference in longer, fuller lashes. If it sounds too good to be true, all I can say is I have had to limit my use when my bottom lashes got so ridiculously long I had to forgo the mascara. Brilliant for weak, spindly lashes or, anecdotally, it can help fill in sparse brows.
Some of the best tips I have gleaned over the years come from those celebrities to whom keeping in shape is part of the job. Made in Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh recently told me that body brushing is part of her pre-wedding programme and I have to admit that it does work. I do it fast every day, working up the body.
Virtually everyone from
Kate Winslett to Eva Mendes
swears by body oils to really nourish the skin; stick to natural oils as the skin absorbs them easily. And for a simple way to drop a few pounds, eat like an A Lister and cut out carbs after 2 pm.
For more insider tips from the pros who whip those famous bodies into shape, click here to read The Secrets of an A List Body.
Use a pencil eye liner along the top lashes – navy looks chic but brighter turquoises and aquas look hot for summer. We love Diorshow waterproof liner in Aqua Green.
Add definition with a liquid black liner in at the roots of the top lashes – this also makes any bright (even pink) easier to wear. Try Rimmel Liquid Liner
Finish with lashings of black mascara, and comb through to keep it clump-free. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara is great.
Stila After Glow Lip Colour shines ultra bright by day then glows neon (under UV) at night.
Give hair a make-over with Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo – it removes product build up to leave colour brighter and hair lighter.
Dior’s BB Eye Cream blends treatment, colour and non-cakey cover in one – use over or under make-up as needed.Click Here to Subscribe Follow Newby Hands @Newbybeauty